School clubs and organizations, are student-based school organizations, consisting of administration-approved organizations functioning with myriad tasks, varying on the specific purpose of each respective club. Clubs composed of students, with adults as advising figures to maintain the functionality of clubs. Clubs primarily focus on four aspects: fundraising, community service, career interest, and interpersonal dynamics (also known as group dynamics).
Various clubs actively engage in promoting talents and skills. The following clubs function under their convenors and student representatives.
REPORT OF THE ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED BY SOCIAL SERVICE CLUB “PATHEYAM” OF BVB SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL-KODUNGANOOR(2015-2016)
- Inaugurated by PALLIUM INDIA team ,a national registerd charitable trust on 10th August 2015.
- MR Babu Abraham ,senior social service welfare officer inaugurated the club activities by lighting the lamp.Dr Ajayan volunteer,gave an awareness to the children about the palliative care provided by them to the bedridden patients.Mr Venugopalan Nair ,volunteer launched the first activity “Pidiyari collection”.
ACTIVITIES OF THE CLUB-TERM 1
- Talk by Sri Vijay Menon about HIV patients.
- Awareness of palliative care by Sri Venugopalan Nair.
- Collection of Pidiyari and Toileteries from the staff and students.
- Collection of Raggi powder for HIV affected patients.
- Funds raised for purchasing two Alpha beds for HIV patients.
- An amount of Rs 7500 was collected and hand overed to Indian association for Blind as a part of international white cane day.
- An amount of RS 5000 was collected and hand overed as a part of Armed Forces Flag Day.
- Food, clothes ,medicines,toileteries,Drinking water etc was collected from staff and students and handed over to Chennai flood affected victims.
- Students and teachers of social service club visited patients under going palliative care and interacted with Doctors and social workers from other countries.
- 300 kg rice was handed over to Pallium India team on 26th August 2015.
- 100 kg of rice ,toiletries and dress was given to PALLIUM INDIA team on 23rd December 2015.
A talk on traffic awareness and road safety was conducted on October 15 by the traffic club in order to create traffic awareness in students. The class was taken by Mr. Raju, sub inspector of traffic control Trivandrum.
Under the health club programs an interactive session on oral hygiene was conducted for the students of classes IV and V with Dr. Kamala Lekshmi, dental surgeon. To make the students aware about Aids and also to empathize with those who are suffering from this deadly disease world aids day was celebrated on December 1
Health and hygiene classes were taken by the club teachers for primary students and charts and posters showing the importance of taking nutritious food and doing physical exercises regularly were displayed on the noticeboard.
The club was inaugurated on 15/9/2015 by Dr. C P Aravindakshan Rtd. Principal of Govt. College for woman , Thiruvananthapuram. He gave a wonderful talk and also exhibited many experiments . A logo was released during the inauguration. The club was given the name ZIENTZIA.
- A lecture related to space was given by Mrs. Sangeetha of IISU(VSSC) during the World Space Week.
- A special lecture in Chemistry was given by Prof. C N R Rao, research Prof and Hon. Presidnet of INCASR Bangalore, for school students and teachers and T. Govindaraju, of INCASR Bangalore at Hotel Residency Towers – 30 students of our school along with 2 teachers attended the talk.
- Our school participated in the quiz competition conducted by corporation bank during Vigilance and Awareness Week – 2 of our students, Raman Krishna of class 12th bagged the first position and received a cash prize of Rs. 2000 and Akhil R of class 11 secured the second place and a cash award of Rs. 1500.
- In Wonder Brains – interschool quiz competition conducted by Kerala Secretariat, 6 of our students participated. The team of Raman Krishna and Akshay V S came with the 8th position among the students of 180 schools.
Science and Quiz Club consists of 149 students.
The teacher member of this club are:
1. Roopalekha O G
2. Lathika S
3. Bharathi C
4. Lathika R
5. Laxhmi S
As a part of heritage club activities shri. C. Rahim Chief of Bureau Malayalam news and president Kerala Union of working journalists, Trivandrum unit had an interactive seeion with the heritage club members of BVB Kodunganoor. During his interaction he spoke about the importance of heritage. This has opened the minds of students and gave a great insight about heritage.