REPORT OF THE ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED BY SOCIAL SERVICE CLUB “PATHEYAM” OF BVB SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL-KODUNGANOOR (2015-2016)
- Inaugurated by PALLIUM INDIA team ,a national registerd charitable trust on 10th August 2015.
- MR Babu Abraham ,senior social service welfare officer inaugurated the club activities by lighting the lamp.Dr Ajayan volunteer,gave an awareness to the children about the palliative care provided by them to the bedridden patients.Mr Venugopalan Nair ,volunteer launched the first activity “Pidiyari collection”.
ACTIVITIES OF THE CLUB-TERM 1
- Talk by Sri Vijay Menon about HIV patients.
- Awareness of palliative care by Sri Venugopalan Nair.
- Collection of Pidiyari and Toileteries from the staff and students.
- Collection of Raggi powder for HIV affected patients.
- Funds raised for purchasing two Alpha beds for HIV patients.
- An amount of Rs 7500 was collected and hand overed to Indian association for Blind as a part of international white cane day.
- An amount of RS 5000 was collected and hand overed as a part of Armed Forces Flag Day.
- Food, clothes ,medicines,toileteries,Drinking water etc was collected from staff and students and handed over to Chennai flood affected victims.
- Students and teachers of social service club visited patients under going palliative care and interacted with Doctors and social workers from other countries.
- 300 kg rice was handed over to Pallium India team on 26th August 2015.
- 100 kg of rice ,toiletries and dress was given to PALLIUM INDIA team on 23rd December 2015.
The teacher members of this club are:
1. Smt Rajasree K S (I/C)
2. Smt Devi Sangeetha
3. Smt Sindhu N
4. Smt Usha R